Well, we are nearly there!
The NP has been through its formal Consultations including with CBC. An Examiner was appointed a couple of months ago and he proposed a number of amendments to Policies. The amendments supported our NP adding strength generally and improving our Sustainability Policy. All good! The next stage is the referendum, if we achieve over 50% approval in the referendum the NP will be classed as MADE and will sit alongside other formal Planning Policies for all Planning Applications in Eaton Bray up to 2035.
Summary of some (not all) of the achievements proposed in the NP:
- To protect the Green Belt on its present boundaries.
- To protect and enhance the special heritage assets of the village and its rural character.
- To protect and improve the biodiversity value of the Parish.
- To encourage walking in and around the village, and to better manage the harmful effects of traffic.
- To sustain the range of community facilities, shops and businesses that are essential to community life.
- To ensure that where infill development occurs, smaller and starter one, two and threebedroom homes are built.
- Growth restricted to infill sites outside the Green Belt.
- When a new dwelling is built it must provide a minimum of 1 parking space per new bedroom.
- New dwellings will be highly sustainable.
The referendum should be held in mid-September 2019 or early November 2019.
16th Eaton Bray Beer & Cider Festival
7th & 8th June 2019, 12pm to 11pm
Eaton Bray Village Hall
30 Real Ales, 2 Ciders, 2 Perrys
Lager, Wine, Prosecco
Live music & Children's Entertainment
Entrance by raffle ticket - £4 including a pint glass
£1 to CAMRA members with card proof (for the glass).
Several months have passed since I last wrote in Focus, I imagine those of you who follow the Neighbourhood Plan (NP) have been wondering what has happened. The answer is quite a lot, most activities have been administrative with very little to report, but I am now able to give an update.
Following our consultation and village meetings held in the Coffee Tavern last summer we submitted our NP to Central Bedfordshire (CBC) at the beginning of December. CBC were then able to commence their review of our NP by holding a "Regulation 16 Consultation" early in 2019, this is a second check on our NP making sure that we comply with Neighbourhood Planning Law as well as giving various statutory consultees an opportunity to consider our NP again. Which is lucky that we did, the Chilterns Conservation Board who look after Dunstable Downs (and lots of other very important ANOB's) had a lot to say and gave us some important advice.
The Reg. 16 Consultation completed at the end of March and in April CBC appointed an independent examiner in accordance with current NP regulations. The examiner wrote to the Parish Council on 30th April, a copy of this letter can be found on the Parish website along with his 30 questions, plenty for me to do over the next week, roll on my family holiday….
Eaton Bray Spring Market
Market Square (outside the White Horse pub)
10am. Saturday May 11th 2019
Come buy Cakes, Speciality Gins, Jams, Seedlings, Plants & herbs, Eggs, Speciality beef & lamb, Chutneys, and much more!
Community enterprise sponsored by Eaton Bray Parish Council
Recently Commented On
Many people have received phone calls from foreigners claiming to be from the International Routing System.