Eaton Bray Cinema
The Focus On Film Society - Bringing Cinema To The Villages
See your favourite films on a large screen (13ft by 9ft) in Eaton Bray Village Hall.
We meet at 2.00pm on the second Monday of each month between September and May.
Come and join us to see some excellent films and enjoy the social atmosphere with a cup of tea and a chat after the film.
[Membership details below]
This season, the Film Society will meet on the following dates:
13 September, 11 October, 8 November, 13 December
10 January, 14 February, 14 March, 11 April, 9 May
The Good LiarConsummate con man Roy Courtnay has set his sights on his latest mark: the recently widowed Betty McLeish, worth millions. But this time, what should have been a simple swindle escalates into a cat-and-mouse game with the ultimate stakes.
About the Focus On Films Society
The society meets on the second Monday of each month between September and May.
Films start at 2.00pm and are shown in the Eaton Bray Village Hall.
The films are followed by Tea and Biscuits and a chance to chat with friends.
Films are selected by the members and all requests are considered by the selection committee.
The films are projected with a modern digital projector on a large 13ft by 9ft screen.
Note: film societies are unable to admit under 16s.
The Society is not intended to be profit making and seeks only to cover running and maintenence costs. We now own all our own equipment, including comfortable seats.
What makes film societies special?
- They are run by their members for their members.
- They provide a warm friendly atmosphere where you can see films on a big screen.
- They bring quality cinema to your community at a price everyone can afford.
- They arrange special screenings and social events, and can provide an opportunity to discuss the films.
- They can provide unlimited programming opportunities including shorts, independent work and films of local interest.
- They enjoy advantages in respect of film certification, cinema licensing and cheaper film booking.
Shown in Previous Months
Mama Mia - Here we go againFive years after the events of Mamma Mia!, Sophie prepares for the grand reopening of the Hotel Bella Donna as she learns more about her mother's past.Shown: 9 December 2019
Stan and OllieLaurel and Hardy, the world's most famous comedy duo, attempt to reignite their film careers as they embark on what becomes their swan song - a grueling theatre tour of post-war Britain.Shown: 13 January 2020
-- Images and Plot Outlines courtesy of The Internet Movie Database --