Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 2nd September 2019
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 2nd September 2019.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Download Full Minutes for Parish Council meeting of 2nd September 2019
Summary of Minutes - 2nd September 2019
Central Beds Council (CBC) - Councillor Philip Spicer
Email: [email protected]
Customer Services: Telephone: 0300 300 8301 / Email: [email protected]
- Eaton Bray Police contact : PCSO Kate Arnold - Email: [email protected]
- For general Police contact/enquiries: Non–emergency call 101 / All emergencies 999
New Parish Councillor
The Parish Council were pleased to co-opt and welcome Cllr Adam Richardson onto Eaton Bray Parish Council.
Eaton Bray Allotment Holders - your annual allotment renewals are now due, please forward your payment (cheque/cash) by post (parish office) or pay direct to the Parish Clerk on Monday 2nd December 2019, 7:00pm in The Coffee Tavern. Should you have any queries please contact the Parish Clerk.
Problem Parking in Parish
Eaton Bray Parish Council are concerned about the dangerous parking of vehicles in the parish and that it contravenes Highways Code rule 217:
217: DO NOT park your vehicle or trailer on the road where it would endanger, inconvenience or obstruct pedestrians or other road users.
For example, do not stop:
- near a school entrance
- anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
- at or near a bus stop or taxi rank
- on the approach to a level crossing
- opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
- near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
- opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
- where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
- where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users
- in front of an entrance to a property
- on a bend
The Parish Council respectfully ask that vehicle owners find a suitable place to park that does not contravene the Highway Code or endanger other road users.
If you would like to get involved in trying to slow down traffic in the village/concerned about road safety, please contact the Parish Clerk.
Next Council Meetings
- Monday 7th October 2019, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
- Monday 4th November 2019, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.