Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 7th January 2019
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 7th January 2019.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - 7th January 2019
Central Beds Council (CBC) - Councillor Ken Janes
- Eaton Bray Police contact : PC Edward Ruston - Email: [email protected]
- For general Police contact/enquiries: Non–emergency call 101 / All emergencies 999
- Please report incidents/see something suspicious - at any time of day. Try to obtain as much detail as possible to aid the police in their investigations.
For reporting a crime on-line: bedfordshire.police.uk/report/Report-Shared/Report-a-crime
Litter Pick Day - Saturday 16th March 2019
It would be great to see as many of the community as able support the proposed Litter Pick Day on Saturday 16th March 2019 - lets help to make our village tidy.
Christmas Brass Band 2018
The Parish Council were delighted with the number of villagers who turned out to support the Christmas Carols and Brass Ensemble Around The Village. A collection for the children's charity Kids Out was carried out during the event and the Parish Council would like to thank everyone who kindly donated to this worthy cause.
Rural Match Funding (RMF)
Match funding has been made available to Town & Parish Councils by CBC towards small scale highway improvements, the Parish Council has considered the options available and have put forward two recommendations. The Council will be notified of the outcome (successful or not) of their application by May 2019.
- (Option 1) The Rye Junction: changing to a one-way system (proposed design can be viewed by applying to the Parish Clerk).
- (Option 2) Corner/bend High Street/Church Lane, opposite The Coffee Tavern - raising the kerb to stop road users being able to easily mount the pavement/pedestrian safety.
School Lane Car Park
The Parish Council are currently going out to tender for improvement works to School Lane Car Park, to include a new surface to the parking area together with lined parking spaces. Once tenders have been received and the Council agreed to the works a notice of the proposed date/times when the car park is be closed will be displayed accordingly.
Residents - keep your eyes on the Parish Council web site/facebook - for updates.
Parish Council website: www.ebpc.uk/np
Next Council Meetings
- Monday 4th February 2019, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
- Monday 4th March 2019, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.