Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 14th May 2018
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 14th May 2018.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Annual Parish Meeting:
Summary of Minutes - 14th May 2018
- Additional Christmas wreaths for the parish.
- Christmas Market - 22nd & 23rd December 2017 at Market Square, Eaton Bray.
- The Rye Ground - new bollards/restrictive access.
- The Coffee Tavern - Internet/broadband access now available.
If you would like to get involved in trying to slow down traffic in the village/concerned about road safety, please contact the Parish Clerk.
The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group is now at the six week consultation period, Friday 11th May to Friday 22nd June 2018 and two open meetings at The Coffee Tavern are taking place to enable residents to view the plan/ask questions, Saturday 19th May and Wednesday 6th June 2018.
Any Other Projects For The Coming Year
- Hanging flower baskets.
- CCTV/Highways improvements (speed restrictions).
- Strategy for tree maintenance for parish trees.
Accounts For Year Ending 31 March 2017
The Parish Clerk reported that the Parish Council year end accounts have been completed, ready for approval at the Annual Meeting of Eaton Bray Parish Council on 14th May 2018. The final accounts were signed off by the Internal Auditor on the 10th May 2018, once approved by the Parish Council the accounts will be forwarded to the external auditors for 2nd July 2018.
Annual Parish Council Meeting:
Summary of Minutes - 14th May 2018
Election Of Chairman
Cllr Neil Cartwright was elected as Chairman / Cllr Glen Wigley elected as vice-Chairman of Eaton Bray Parish Council.
Vacany - Parish Councillor
Eaton Bray is a great place to live and its residents have the opportunity to shape its development by contributing towards the ongoing activities overseen by the Parish Council. Whether it's protecting the environment, improving the facilities or traffic and parking issues that interest you - we need your views. There is a place available on the Parish Council that we would like a resident to fill and help contribute to the villages continued development. If you are able to contribute and have an interest in the parish roads/speeding/Speedwatch, then please have a chat with any of the existing Councillors or contact the Parish Clerk.
Central Beds Council (CBC) - Councillor Ken Janes
- Eaton Bray Police contact : PC Konopka - email [email protected] (all information is confidential and no names will be disclosed).
- For general Police contact/enquiries: Non–emergency call 101 / All emergencies 999
- REMINDER: Please report incidents/see something suspicious - at any time of day. Try to obtain as much detail as possible to aid the police in their investigations.
Watercourse Maintenance/River Ouzel
An additional assessment on a section of damaged river bank in Mill End Close is to be carried out by the Drainage Board and the Council are waiting to hear from them with their recommendations.
Standing Orders/Financial Regulations/Risk Assessment/Data Protection
The Parish Council adopted the Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, Risk Assessment and Data Protection Policy for 2018.
Accounts For Year Ending 31st March 2018
The Clerk distributed details of the accounts for the Annual Return. It was agreed to approve the annual accounts, the Chairman signed the accounts on behalf of the Parish Council.
Next Council Meetings
- Monday 4th June 2018, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
- Monday 2nd July 2018, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.