Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 8th January 2018
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 8th January 2018.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Central Beds Council (CBC) - Councillor Ken Janes
- Motorcross: Cllr Janes informed the Council that the track cannot be used until the bund/sound fence buffer is completed, and a Sound Management Plan is produced. The Parish Council enquired as to whether the use of the track would therefore revert back to the old planning use, summer period, however Cllr Janes informed the Parish Council that this was not so. The Parish Council agreed to contact CBC Planning for clarification on this matter.
- Eaton Bray Police contact : PC Konopka - email [email protected] (all information is confidential and no names will be disclosed).
- For general Police contact/enquiries: Non–emergency call 101 / All emergencies 999
Outline Planning Application (CB/17/05645/OUT); Land Adjacent To Eaton Park
Concerns were raised regarding new developments from CBC on their draft Local Plan Consultation, the proposal for development at Eaton Park is featured within the draft plan. The Parish Council will be writing to Cllr Nigel Young, CBC and Andrew Selous MP with their concerns regarding this inclusion within the Local Plan, a development proposed on green belt land.
Residents, keep your eyes on the Parish Council web site/facebook, and read the Focus report - for updates.
Parish Council website: ebpc.uk/np
Burial/Cemetery Land - Feedback required
To all residents: a reminder to forward your views/comments to the Parish Clerk.
Many of the sign posts in the parish are becoming rusty and require some general maintenance repair. The Parish Council are to look into the options available, one being a plastic sleeve which would cover and protect the posts.
Market Square/Electric Supply
A breakdown of the costs supplied by CBC to install an electric supply at Market Square was presented to the Parish Council who has agreed for the work to be implemented.
Work To Trees In The Parish
Work to trees in School Lane recreation ground was approved by the Parish Council with the aim of carrying out much needed maintenance. The work approved included removing/cutting back overgrown and diseased trees, opening up the space to make it more useable area for dog walkers/recreation ground users.
The Parish Council reviewed the spend for 2017-2018 and proposed spend for the 2018-2019 financial year; it was unanimously agreed to accept the proposed budget, increasing the precept f0r 2018-2019 from £87,500 to £93,407.
Next Council Meetings
- Monday 5th February 2018, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
- Monday 5th March 2018, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.