Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 1st February 2016
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 1st February 2016.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - 1st February 2016
Central Beds Council (CBC) - Councillor Ken Janes
- Cllr. Janes confirmed that the HGV Weight Restrictions are now in force. In the first instance and in these early days, vehicles breaking this restriction should be reported to CBC Highways who will review and write to the owner of the vehicle highlighting the new restrictions. It's important to get the registration mark of the vehicle and if possible the branding of the vehicle owner. A photo of the offending vehicle can also be submitted. Contact details for reporting an offence: CBC Highways team on 0300 300 8049 or email [email protected].
- Greenways parking - CBC confirmed that they are working on a revised drawing for this area; waiting for further updates on this matter.
|CRIME REPORT||Recorded Crime|
|Violence against the person||1||8|
|Other Notable Offences||0||0|
|January 2015||January 2016|
|4 x Abandonded vehicles, 2 x Rowdy/Inconsiderate behaviour, 2 x Malicious/Nuisance communications.|
- PCSO Peklivanas was in attendance; he informed the Council that the PCSO support for Bedfordshire is being reduced. The Council asked if he could find out what support/cover Eaton Bray and surrounding villages are expected to receive, awaiting further details.
News from the team
If you wish to contact your Local Policing Team then please call 01582 473411 or email LPT.LeightonBuzzardLinslade&Rural
Non–emergency call 101 / All emergencies 999
Speedwatch are looking for volunteers to help with the speed checks. If you would like to get involved in trying to slow down traffic in the village and are concerned about road safety please contact Cllr. Mark Tomkins expressing your interest.
Vacancy - Parish Councillor
There is a vacancy for a Parish Councillor on Eaton Bray Parish Council. If you are interested in joining the council please email the Parish Clerk or visit our website for more details.
Neat - Village Clean Up Day
Saturday 19th March 1016: Put the date in your diary, let's make this the day when we all make a difference to help clean/tidy up a part of the village - let's all take pride in our parish.
Residents can report problem trees/hedging and parking causing obstruction/overhanging public footpaths by going onto the CBC website:
- Hedging/trees: centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/planning/trees-and-landscaping/guidance.aspx
- Parking: centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/travelling/parking/parking-on.aspx
Next Council Meetings
7th March 2016, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
- Monday 4th April 2016, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.