Eaton Bray Parish Council
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 5th July 2010.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - Monday 5th July 2010
Central Bedfordshire Representative/s
Ward Cllrs Marion Mustoe and Ken Janes attended the meeting. Many residents are very concerned with the development of the Fire Bells. It was felt that for the size of plot, five detached homes were inappropriate and encroaches on to common land. The Parish Council recommended that a site visit from Central Beds Council be made to the development site.
There were 13 recorded crimes in Eaton Bray within June.
Nuisance Behaviour: The police have increased High Visibility policing for the area and as and when they can and have spoken to individuals they have encountered at the time ... and will of course continue to monitor the situation.
Youth Club/Group Facilities: A meeting is to be held at the coffee tavern on Wednesday 14th July 2010 at 10:00am to plan youth club/group activities for Eaton Bray and Totternhoe.
- Visibility Concerns at junction of Dunstable Road & Bower Lane/Harling Road: The Parish Council have chased Central Bedfordshire Council regarding this matter.
- Nuisance Youths: Residents are experiencing excess noise at night from School Lane Car Park. The Parish Council agree that the level of noise being experienced by local residents late at night is not acceptable and confirmed that they are in talks with the local police about this issue.
- Speeding down School Lane: Many vehicles are using speeds well in excess of the current 30 mps limit down School Lane The Parish Council are currently in talks with Central Beds Council looking at the options available to reduce speed on this road.
- Dog Attack in Recreation Ground: There was a recent dog attack at the recreation ground, where one dog was attacked by another. The Parish Council wished to remind all dog owners/walkers that ... "all dogs in the recreation ground should not at any time be left unattended and must always be on a lead."
- Parish Byelaws: Due to recent incidents in the parish, the Parish Council are looking into reviewing the parish Byelaws to give more power to the Parish Council and the police to deal with issues/situations as and when they arise.
- Recreation Ground Improvements: A visit was made to the playground trade fair to look at the types of play equipment suitable for the expansion of the play areas in the parish recreation grounds. The Parish Council would love ideas from all the children/youths of the parish as to what additional play equipment they would like to see. Send in your ideas/drawings to the Parish Clerk.
- Eaton Bray Allotments: There will be the annual allotment inspection taking place in August in readiness for allotment renewals in September.
Next Council Meeting
Monday 6th September 2010, 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern.
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.