Eaton Bray Parish Council
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 7th June 2010.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - Monday 7th June 2010
Central Bedfordshire Representative/s
Concern was raised regarding a planning application, not called to the Development Management Committee, although a request had been put in by the Parish Council. It was confirmed that this application is being called into committee for further discussion. The Gypsy & Traveller Site Manager from Central Bedfordshire Council attended the meeting and explained her role in relation to the Chiltern View Site.
PC Dady informed the Parish Council that they are aware of the recent problems regarding loud noise/nuisance youths in School Lane Rec Ground car park and are dealing with these incidents as/when reported. They also informed the council of nuisance motorbikes in the area and are currently carrying out investigations into the perpetrators of this.
Reporting of crimes: Once again the police wished to remind all residents to call the police when encountering an incident, at any time of day, and try to obtain as much detail as possible to aid the police in their investigations.
- Visibility Concerns at junction of Dunstable Road & Bower Lane/Harling Road: The Parish Council have again raised concerns regarding the poor visibility for road users at the junction with Dunstable Road and Bower Lane/Harling Road, due to a recent serious road incident. The council are in communication with Central Bedfordshire Council regarding this matter.
- Litter Bins: The Parish Council have agreed to the purchase of two more litter bins for the parish, one to be sited at the top of Knights Close and one at School Lane Recreation Ground.
- Cold Calling Signs: There were signs situated around the parish, many now are missing. The council agreed to organise replacement signs for the entrances to the village, Manton Road & Springfield Road.
- Review of Financial Regulations/Standing Orders: The Parish Council agreed to retain the current Financial Regulations and Standing Orders of the Parish Council for the 2010-2011 financial year.
- Cemetery: The Parish Council agreed to the purchase of a new notice board for Bower Lane Cemetery to give all visitors a visual point of reference/information.
Next Council Meeting
Monday 5th July 2010, 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern.
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.