Eaton Bray Parish Council
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 6th September 2010.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - Monday 6th September 2010
Vacancy For Parish Councillor
There are two vacancies for Parish Councillors on Eaton Bray Parish Council. If you are interested in joining the council please contact the Parish Clerk or visit our website for more details.
Central Bedfordshire Representative/s
Ward Cllr Ken Janes attended the meeting. He informed the meeting that there is to be a new application for development at the Five Bells site.
There were 20 recorded crimes within Eaton Bray Parish for July/August.
Theft/Burglaries: There has been a rise in burglaries to sheds/garages. The police wished to remind all residents to ensure that they keep their shed/garages locked and secure at all times.
Speed Checks: The police carried out seven separate speed checks within the parish during June/July. From those checks 36 people have been dealt with for exceeding the speed limit.
- Recreation Ground Improvements: Due to enquiries with regards to the entrance into the School Lane car park/recreation ground the council are looking into the possibility of improving the entrance; e.g. the installation of a pedestrian access separate to car access and the costs involved.
- Parish Notice Boards: Due to a poster/notice recently being stuck to the front panel of a notice board which requires removal, the council wish to remind people that should they wish to have a notice/poster displayed in a parish notice board to contact the clerk direct.
- Additional Dog Bins: In response to a request for an additional dog bin it was felt as there are now 11 Dog Hygiene Bins situated around the parish there is no immediate need for an additional bin. However, the council will monitor this situation.
- Parish Trees: The council are in the process of assessing parish trees and obtaining quotes for those that require pruning/cutting back.
- Hedges: An increasing number of hedges are not being trimmed back by the property owners and are therefore encroaching onto public footpaths. The council will be writing to the owners concerned requesting them to cut back their hedges.
- Cemetery: The new notice board has been fitted in the cemetery and the council are in the process of putting together relevant notices to be displayed.
Next Council Meeting
Monday 4th October 2010, 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern.
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.