Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 6th November 2017
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 6th November 2017.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - 6th November 2017
Central Beds Council (CBC) - Councillor Ken Janes
- CBC were contacted by a resident raising concerns regarding quad bikes going around the village, spraying weeds in a haphazard way. Cllr Janes confirmed that CBC has looked into the matter raised and actioned accordingly.
- Motocross: the site has been closed whilst fence in built and bunds raised, in line with planning restrictions.
- Eaton Bray Police contact : PC Konopka - email [email protected] (all information is confidential and no names will be disclosed).
- For general Police contact/enquiries: Non–emergency call 101 / All emergencies 999
Eaton Bray Parish Council welcomed two new Councillors to the team, Cllr. Helen Chubb and Cllr. Max Phipps.
Three Corners (Bower Lane/Moor End): Concerns were raised regarding the slip road, cars not stopping at the 'Give Way' junction and cars parking along Moor End causing other road users to swerve around and cause problems. The Parish Council wished to remind residents to report problem parking to CBC Highways and dangerous parking to the police, who will look into the matter and action accordingly.
- CBC: centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/transport/report/parking-problem.aspx
- Police: bedfordshire.police.uk/report/Report.aspx
A report summarising the feedback from the two public meeting is available on the Parish Council website: ebpc.uk/files/2017.10-EBNP-Q-Final-Report.pdf
The NPSG are currently drafting policies for inclusion within the NP. A survey of the conservation area within the parish is being carried out.
Burial/Cemetery Land - Feedback required
To all residents: within the parish there is a lack of available land for burials, the current land will be full/unavailable in a few years. The Council would like to gauge residents' opinions on the Council spending money to purchase additional burial land, allowing parish burials to continue for many more years to come. Please write/email the Parish Clerk with your comments/views. Thank you.
The Parish Council are to be carrying out traffic monitoring in the parish during a one week period, the location agreed will be Totternhoe Road/The Rye. The police monitoring will record the number of vehicles and speed.
Next Council Meetings
4th December 2017, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
- Monday 8th January 2018, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.