Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 5th October 2015
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 5th October 2015.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - 5th October 2015
- Planning Application CB/15/022260: The PC have been informed by CBC that for this type of application in a rural setting an EIA survey is not legally required to be carried out.
- 30mph signs: Bower Lane/Harling Road. New 30mph/NSL (national speed limit) signs were erected, however they have been erected in their original position and not in the agreed location of further into Harling Road (around bend) to ensure the junction with Bower Lane/Harling Road/Dunstable Road is within the 30MPH zone. Cllr. James and PC to action accordingly.
- Illegal Traveller Camp: The PC informed Cllr. Janes their disappointed at the lack of response/advice given by CBC to the Clerk when experiencing the illegal traveller camp set up over the August bank holiday weekend. Although messages were left with CBC to contact the clerk to offer help/advice on how to deal with this matter, no response was ever received.
Reported Crime - Year to Date
|CRIME REPORT||Recorded Crime|
|Violence against the person||0||1|
|Other Notifiable Offences||0||0|
|September 2014||September 2015|
Eaton Bray has had 10 reports of anti-social behaviour this month.
- 5x youth hanging around Wallace Drive, causing some issues
- 3x noise complaints, Bottom Drive
- 1x off-road motor vehicle going around the area
- 1x street drinker
News from the team
If you wish to contact your Local Policing Team then please call 01582 473411 or email LPT.LeightonBuzzardLinslade&Rural
Non–emergency call 101 / All emergencies 999
Vacancy - Parish Councillor
There is a vacancy for a Parish Councillor on Eaton Bray Parish Council. If you are interested in joining the council please email the Parish Clerk or visit our website for more details.
The first Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group (NPSG) took place on 28th September 2015; those attended were residents who put themselves forward as volunteers [15 attendees]. The PC will be obtaining professional advice in setting up a Neighbourhood Plan and funding for the plan is being looked into. Training is being set up for Steering Group members and the next NPSG is on 26th October next.
Speedwatch are to be carrying out more sessions in the near future. However they do have vacancies for volunteers to help with the speed checks. If you would like to get involved, please contact Cllr. Mark Tomkins, email [email protected] expressing your interest.
Christmas In The Parish
The Parish Council would like to thank all the businesses/individuals who sponsored the Christmas Wreaths last year, 2014. Due to the popularity of the Christmas Wreath’s the Council are starting to collate requests for this year’s Christmas Wreaths. To express your interest in sponsoring a wreath for Christmas 2015, please contact Cllr. Philip Spicer with your details: Email - [email protected].
Felling/Trimming Trees On Parish Council Land
The Parish Council wanted to remind residents of their policy with regards to trees on Parish Council land.
In line with procedures set out by Central Bedfordshire Council it is PC policy not to top/lop or fell otherwise healthy trees that would otherwise need no maintenance to alleviate problems such as: the build of leaves, seeds, berries or other minor debris on a neighbouring property; to allow more light to a property, where the trees in question would not otherwise require any surgery; to improve television or satellite reception or to prevent roots entering already broken pipes. That if a tree/hedge does not have birds nesting or if a tree does not have a tree preservation order, the council will only work on it if there is a health and safety risk or the tree is diseased.
Notice Board/Market Square
The PC have considered the proposal to move the notice board on Market Square from its current position, not in the best position and spoiling the ambience of the square itself, to the other side of the road on The Pound (green space next to the bench/bus stop). It was agreed that this would be a more suitable location and are now in the process of organising for the notice board to be relocated to its new position.
Next Council Meeting
- Monday 2nd November 2015, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
- Monday 7th December 2015, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.