Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 7th September 2015
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 7th September 2015.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - 7th September 2015
- Planning Application CB/15/022260: The PC have been informed by CBC that for this type of application in a rural setting an EIA survey is not legally required to be carried out.
- 30mph signs: Bower Lane/Harling Road. New 30mph/NSL (national speed limit) signs were erected, however they have been erected in their original position and not in the agreed location of further into Harling Road (around bend) to ensure the junction with Bower Lane/Harling Road/Dunstable Road is within the 30MPH zone. Cllr. James and PC to action accordingly.
- Illegal Traveller Camp: The PC informed Cllr. Janes their disappointed at the lack of response/advice given by CBC to the Clerk when experiencing the illegal traveller camp set up over the August bank holiday weekend. Although messages were left with CBC to contact the clerk to offer help/advice on how to deal with this matter, no response was ever received.
Reported Crime - Year to Date
|CRIME REPORT||Recorded Crime|
|Violence against the person||4||2|
|Other Notifiable Offences||0||1|
|August 2014||August 2015|
Eaton Bray has had 12 reports of anti-social behaviour this month.
- 1x youths playing loud music
- 4x off road motor bikes
- 1x neighbour dispute
- 1x youths at skate park smoking
- 3x abandoned vehicles
- 1x noise complaint
- 1x encampment
News from the team
If you wish to contact your Local Policing Team then please call 01582 473411 or email LPT.LeightonBuzzardLinslade&Rural
Non–emergency call 101 / All emergencies 999
Central Bedfordshire - Dog Control Orders
The PC contacted CBC for more clarification regarding the Dog Control Orders implemented by them. They confirmed that dogs should be kept on leads in the actual play/sports facility area, i.e. play area/marked pitches; however dogs can be let off leads on the open spaces around these areas as long as the dog is kept aware from specific areas within the open space/recreation ground.
- No dogs allowed at all in/on children’s play areas. Failure to keep dogs out/off these areas will incur a warning/fine.
- Dogs should not be allowed off lead where marked football pitches are located. However out of football season (i.e. May-August) when the pitches are not marked dogs can be let off leads to run around. During the football season dogs can be allowed off their leads but should be kept off the actual play/pitch areas; failure to do so will incur a warning/fine.
- Dogs must be put on a lead if causing a nuisance to other ground users. Failure to do so will incur a warning/fine.
- No dog fouling at all times. Failure to do so will incur a warning/fine.
- On land owned by Eaton Bray Parish Council, the PC can make the final decision as to whether a person using the open space/recreation ground is fined for failure to follow the above guidelines.
Letters were delivered to all Eaton Bray properties
Total responses received = 41; In favour = 40, Against = 0, Undecided = 1.
The PC are to set up a steering group to prepare for a Neighbourhood Plan and will be emailing all those residents who expressed an interest in joining a working group to attend an initial meeting on 28th September next at The Coffee Tavern.
Village Hall - Cheeky Monkeys
The PC was informed that the Village Hall Committee would not review the costs for the hiring of the hall to this village community service. The PC were very disappointed by the Village Hall Committee’s decision and the PC’s Village Hall representative is to make an appeal to the committee that they re-consider their decision and offer more support for this voluntary run group which offers a valuable lifeline to local parents/carers in the village, by reviewing their charges.
Illegal Traveller Camp - Mill End Close
The PC was made aware of a traveller camp set up on their land on Friday evening (28/08/15). On Tuesday (01/09/15) the Parish Council completed and filed all the necessary paperwork with the courts for eviction from the land. Notice to evict was served to the travellers on Wednesday (02/09/15) and at 3:56pm the PC received confirmation that they had vacated the land. I am sure all residents will agree how quickly and efficiently the Parish Council acted in this matter.
Next Council Meetings
- Monday 5th October 2015, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern.
- Monday 2nd November 2015, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern.
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.