Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 1st December 2014
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 1st December 2014.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - 1st December 2014
Central Beds Council (CBC)
- Autism Awareness Training: CBC is working in partnership with Autism Bedfordshire and Bedford and Luton Borough Council to run an autism awareness training programme. The training is run by a highly experienced trainer and all attendees will hear a personal account from someone with autism. Call 01234 350704 for more details of the free training.
- School Closures due to bad weather: Keep up to date on which CBC schools are closed during bad weather on their website: centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/webApps/SOS/cbc.aspx
Reported Crime - Year to Date
|CRIME REPORT||Recorded Crime|
|Violence against the person||4||1|
News from the team
If you wish to contact your Local Policing Team then please call 01582 473411 or email LPT.LeightonBuzzardLinslade&Rural
All information is confidential and no names will be disclosed. Please remember if you need to contact the Police: Non–emergency call 101 / All emergencies 999
Training for the Speedwatch volunteers is being carried out on Saturday 6th December 2014, 2:00pm in the Coffee Tavern. Eaton Bray Parish Council will be working together with Bedfordshire Police and Totternhoe Parish Council in co-ordinating this campaign.
HGV Limit Through Parish
Further to the application submitted to Central Bedfordshire Council, both CBC and Amey received overwhelming support for Eaton Bray to be included in the scheme. Both Eaton Bray and Totternhoe Parish Councils are now working together to put forward an updated scheme to include both villages in a revised scheme.
Christmas In The Parish
The Parish Council would like to thank all the businesses/individuals who sponsored the Christmas Wreaths this year. Due to the popularity of the Christmas Wreath’s the Council will start to collate requests for next year’s (2015) Christmas Wreaths. To express your interest in sponsoring a wreath for Christmas 2015, please contact Cllr. Philip Spicer with your details: Email - [email protected] .
Felling/Trimming Trees On Parish Council Land
In line with the procedures set out by Central Bedfordshire Council (see below), the Parish Council would like to bring to residents' attention the general guidelines regarding the felling/trimming trees on Parish Council land.
Central Bedfordshire Council
It is generally Council [CBC] policy not to top, lop or fell otherwise healthy trees that would otherwise need no maintenance to:
- Alleviate problems such as the build of leaves, seeds, berries or other minor debris on a neighbouring property.
- To allow more light to a property, where the trees in question would not otherwise require any surgery.
- To improve television or satellite reception.
- To prevent roots entering already broken pipes.
... if a tree/hedge does not have birds nesting or if a tree does not have a tree preservation order, we can only work on it if there is a health and safety risk or the tree is diseased.
Next Council Meeting
Monday 5th January 2015, 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern.
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.