Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 12th May 2014
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting / Annual Meeting of Eaton Bray Parish Council held on 12th May 2014.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - 12th May 2014
Public Open Forum
Items brought to the Parish Council’s attention:
- Concerns were raised with regard to Japanese Knotweed within the stream in The Comp. This is the landowners responsibility, residents have been written to and advised to action accordingly.
- In the Rye Ground, there is an area by the Sycamore tree that has become untidy. The council will get the Ground Maintenance contractor to assess the area; however the PC will be looking more fully into the landscaping of this area once the Pavilion is demolished.
- The Rye Ground play area – there is a problem with dog mess, would the council consider fencing off this area? An issue, as previously raised by residents in the area, would be the fencing off of an area within a village green and costs involved.
- Speed limit on parish roads – would the PC look into the option of applying to CBC to get the main roads through the village reduced to 20mph. The PC to look in this further.
- Concerns with overgrown vegetation alongside road junctions – visibility problems. These are CBC responsibility; the PC will contact Highways with concerns.
Accounts For Year Ending 31 March 2014
The Clerk, as RFO, reported that parish council year end accounts have been completed, ready for approval at the Annual Meeting of Eaton Bray Parish Council on 12th May 2014. The final accounts were signed off by the Internal Auditor on the 8th May 2014, once approved by the Parish Council the accounts will be forwarded to the external auditors for 30th June 2014.
Election Of Chairman
Cllr. Johns was elected as Chairman of the Parish Council.
Central Beds Council (CBC)
A detailed list of services provided by CBC can be found by visiting: www.ebpc.co.uk/files/central-beds-a-to-z-of-services-2014.pdf
|CRIME REPORT||Recorded Crime|
|Other Notifiable Offences||0||0||n/a|
|Additional Comment: There have been 7 ASB incidents due to children playing in and around School Lane and breaking the trees in the park area.|
News from the team
- (2.1) Vehicle crime, visit the following link where you can find some crime prevention advice - Vehicle Crime Advice [PDF]
- (2.2) If you wish to contact your Local Policing Team then please call 01582 473411 or email LPT.LeightonBuzzardLinslade&[email protected]
All information is confidential and no names will be disclosed. Please remember if you need to contact the Police: Non–emergency call 101 / All emergencies 999
The White Horse Public House
Eaton Bray Parish Council put forward a nomination for The White Horse to be listed as an Asset of Community Value, the decision has been made and the application has been accepted. Therefore the public house will now be listed as a community asset and can be viewed on a list via the following link: Central Beds Localism page.
Bower Lane Cemetery
The Parish Council have agreed to increase their cemetery charges, to take effect from 1st June 2014.
The bus stop, previously known as The Five Bells, has been renamed The White Horse Bus Stop; in addition the Parish Council have agreed to improvements to this bus stop as part of the village improvement scheme.
St. Mary’s Village Carnival, Saturday 5th July 2014
Once again, Eaton Bray Parish Council will be present at the St. Mary’s Village Carnival on Saturday 5th July 2014. Please do take the time to visit us.
Standing Orders/Financial Regulations/Risk Assessment
The Parish Council adopted the Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and Risk Assessment for 2014.
Accounts For Year Ending 31st March 2014
The Clerk distributed details of the accounts for the Annual Return. It was agreed to approve the annual accounts, the Chairman signed the accounts on behalf of the Parish Council.
Next Council Meeting
Monday 2nd June 2014, 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern.
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.