Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 4th November 2019
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 4th November 2019.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - 4th November 2019
Central Beds Council (CBC) - Councillor Philip Spicer
Email: [email protected]
- Eaton Bray Police contact : Ellie Vaughan-Springate
- For general Police contact/enquiries: Non–emergency call 101 / All emergencies 999
The Parish Council now have a fully trained Speedwatch Group. The device is due to be delivered in the next few weeks and the license for speed checks has bee approved. The Speedwatch Group are always on the look out for additional members, if you are interested in getting involved please contact the Parish Clerk.
Problem Parking In Parish
Eaton Bray Parish Council are once again having raise concerns regarding dangerous parking of vehicles in the parish that contravene Highways Code rule 217:
217: DO NOT park your vehicle or trailer on the road where it would endanger, inconvenience or obstruct pedestrians or other road users. For example, do not stop ...
- near a school entrance
- anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
- at or near a bus stop or taxi rank
- on the approach to a level crossing
- opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
- near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
- opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
- where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
- where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users
- in front of an entrance to a property
- on a bend
The Parish Council respectfully ask that vehicle owners find a suitable place to park, that does not contravene the Highway Code or endanger other road users.
*** REMINDER *** REMINDER *** REMINDER ***
To Eaton Bray Allotment Holders - if you have not already done so, please forward your renewal payment (cheque/cash) to the Parish Clerk by Monday 6th January 2020 - failure to send payment will result in your allotment plot being released to let. Should you have any queries please contact the Parish Clerk.
Next Council Meetings
- Monday 2nd December 2019, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
- Monday 13th January 2020, from 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.