Eaton Bray Parish Council
Minutes of 3rd February 2014
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Parish Council Meeting of 3rd February 2014.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - 3rd February 2014
Central Beds Council (CBC)
- Broadband rollout: CBC has been working to develop a joint superfast broadband project with neighbouring authorities. For more detail visit: centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/.../business.../broadband/ or telephone 0300 3004341.
- CBC University Technical College (Houghton Regis): The school has around 100 students in Years 10, 12 & 13 all studying Engineering/Product Design at Level 2 & 3. The school is in its second year of operation and are looking to create a Board of Employers from various areas in engineering to support the college. For more information please contact [email protected].
- Smoke free: The latest stop smoking campaign 'smokefree' has one simple message 'if you could see the damage smoking does, you'd stop'. For more information/ advice call the Quitline on 0800 0130553.
- Volunteering: If you have some spare time and want to help others in your community, there are currently 28 schemes in Central Beds made up and run by local residents who want to give help/support to other local people who need it. To find out more visit http://www.bedsrcc.org.uk.
|Violence against the person||1||0|
|Burglary – other||4||0|
|Other Notifiable Offences||0||0|
Crime report from 01/01/14-31/01/14.
There were no reported crimes this month.
If you have any information regarding an incident or wish to contact any Leighton Buzzard PCSO, then please call 01582 473411 or email at LPT.LeightonBuzzardLinslade&[email protected]
- The Parish Council are looking into the option of additional tree planting in the village due to the number of dead/dying trees that have been removed in the last few years.
- The Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Meeting of Eaton Bray Parish Council will be held on Monday 12th May 2014, from 7:00pm in The Coffee Tavern (1st floor).
- The Parish Council wished to remind residents’ that they need to ensure their hedges/bushes/trees do not encroach onto the public footpath and are cut back accordingly, allowing free access for footpath users.
Next Council Meeting
Monday 3rd March 2014, 7.30pm, in the Coffee Tavern.
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.