EBPC Neighbourhood Development Plan
Posted on November 11, 2016
EBPC's Steering Group are writing a Neighbourhood Plan (NP) in order to try and protect our village from unwanted housing development. You only have to look at neighbouring villages to see the effect of uncontrolled expansion. Through the NP we are looking to influence future Planning Approvals by controlling the number of houses, location and size. Other very important considerations are: Sustainable development, traffic, flood risk, biodiversity, heritage assets, landscape; including the 'gap' between Eaton Bray and nearby villages.
Working with Central Beds Council
CBC are developing their Local Plan which is similar to a NP but covering a considerably larger population and area it is a much bigger task. Our Steering Group met with CBC on 2nd November with the aim of working together to best suit the needs of EB.
Vision and Objectives
We are working on describing a vision for our plan:
- Remain a Green Belt Village
- New homes will minimise the effects of growth on the open character of the Green Belt.
- Broaden the housing stock to meet local needs.
- Special Character of the Conservation Area and Moore End are sustained.
- A more accessible and biodiverse network of green infrastructure established around the village.
- No greater risk of flooding or from inadequate facilities.
- Thriving Community facilities.
The Steering Group will be reporting progress through the Focus Magazine so that residents can keep up to date. If you would like your voice to be heard, please feel free to attend the next Steering Group meeting. Meetings are planned for the last Monday of the month at 19:30hrs at the Coffee Tavern, Eaton Bray.
Please send your suggestions / comments regarding Planning Issues only to The Clerk.
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.