Carnival 2012 - "Kings and Queens"
Posted on June 3, 2012
The Carnival is now only a month away! If you want to be involved now is the time to do it.
The theme for Carnival 2012 is "Kings and Queens". We are not just talking Elizabeth, Edward, Victoria, George, Henry and Ethelred; there is Cleopatra, Martin Luther, Arthur… not to mention Freddie Mercury, Queen Bee, Sing-a-song of sixpence, 'hiking', 'checking' etc! Use your imagination for the theme; decorate your house on the Carnival route and join the procession in costume to make this a Carnival to remember in Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee year.
We hope 7 July will be a special day for this year's Royal party. The Queen, Princess and Attendants were selected on 15 April so no doubt, by now they will be very excited. We hope they all enjoy their special day. See the Carnival Queen page for photos.
Carnival Queen – Holly Watkin
Carnival Princess –Lily Walsh
Attendants – Heather Kerr & Bryony Sweeby
As usual there are plenty of new ideas and things to do at this year's Carnival including the introduction in Olympic year of Village Games. Do come along. There is free admission, free parking and free entertainment.
We hope this year's Carnival will be one to remember but we do need your help!
- Transport: Can you help with transport in any form; flatbed lorry, open truck or van or anything that could provide transport for the procession?
- URGENT - Can YOU provide any help to the carnival?
- Are you available to make the day a success by helping with moving equipment on the day and/or the evening before? The Carnival cannot operate without chairs, tables, tents and other equipment being delivered to and moved around the green and then removed at the end of the day. Can you lend a hand?
- Can you provide help on the day of the carnival at any of the many charity stalls, even for a few hours?
- Prizes, of any sort, for the various raffle and tombola stalls.
- Cakes for the Tea Tent and Cake Stall• Items for the silent auction.
- Local Groups: Do you run any group in the Villages that would like to operate a float this year? Perhaps you do not live in the village but operate your events here and would like to take part? All floats are welcome!
For any of the above please contact Gordon Gray.
My Lords and Ladies the time is coming; prepare yourselves for a "right Regal Carnival" in 2012.
Source: Focus, June 2012
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.