Warm Homes, Healthy People
Posted on February 15, 2012
Cold homes, damp homes
Living in cold, damp homes is an unfortunate reality for some people in Central Bedfordshire. Rising energy costs have made it difficult for many households to heat their homes properly.
This can often mean that there are risks to health, particularly for older people, families with children and people with disabilities or serious health conditions.
Warm Homes Healthy People scheme
The Government has made available extra funding to help tackle the problem, of Fuel Poverty. The Central Bedfordshire Warm Homes Healthy People scheme aims to offer help and support for vulnerable people living in cold and damp homes.
If you are a homeowner, or a tenant in a privately rented home and your home is cold, damp or has an old inefficient heating system, you could be eligible for a range of help.
The scheme can offer advice and financial assistance to improve your home insulation and heating.
You do not have to be in receipt of benefits to receive help from the Warm Homes Healthy People scheme.
How the scheme can help you
The Warm Homes Healthy People scheme can:
- Help to find out how efficient your home is
- Give you ideas on how to keep your home warm
- Help to install measures for keeping your home warm
- Give advice on other support or benefits you may be entitled to
- Give advice on keeping warm and healthy.
- Phone 0300 300 8302. Please mention the Warm Homes scheme when you call.
- See the Warm Homes, Health People leaflet.
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.