Perry Mead Eaton Bray - Burglary car taken
Posted on December 1, 2011
Bedfordshire Police ask residents to review their home security and where they keep vehicle keys, after a burglary took place in Perry Mead, off High Street, in Eaton Bray, on Wednesday the 30th of November.
- The offence took place between 8:00 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.
- The offender has gained access to the garden through a side gate that had been left unlocked.
- A patio door has been damaged, and a ground floor window has been forced open.
- An iPod and vehicle keys have been taken.
- The offender has used the stolen keys, to remove the owner vehicle.
- The car has since been recovered in Dunstable.
This crime is part of a series where the offenders have used keys stolen from a burglary, to also steal a vehicle.
- Keep doors double-locked at all times.
- Avoid leaving property like vehicle keys, handbags, or laptops in hallways, or where they can be seen from outside the house.
- Remove all keys from the locks and keep them in a safe place and out of view.
- Keep garden furniture, ladders, and Wheelie bins in a secure garage or shed, or locked up away from the house, where they might be used to climb onto a roof or access a first floor window.
- Be a good Neighbour.
- Be aware of sounds like breaking glass.
If you have any information about this crime or other suspicious incidents, please call the Force Control Room on 101, and quote crime reference, J D / 4 8 4 6 5 / 2011.
Alternatively text your message to (07786) 200011
Email your message to [email protected]
Alternatively you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111, or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
Thank you for your support.
Source: Ringmaster Bedfordshire
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.