Cricket: Hosking and Harris set the tone for big win
Posted on July 25, 2011
Asked to bat first on a firm but damp track the Bray openers Hosking (47) and Harris (90) set about the task of building a big total. Quick singles were the order of the day with the ball not coming on and despite a few dodgy calls a partnership of 80 set the tone. With Harris well set further partnerships with Peacock and then Norris (32) saw the Bray to the 180's before the dashing Pearson and Hearn pushed the total to an imposing 222.
In reply the extra pace of Ellerton (3-15) and Norris (3-45) saw additional bounce extracted from the wicket and MK slipped to 30-3 with an excellent return catch by Ellerton seeing the departure of skipper Mistry. With wickets falling regularly as MK continued to attack and some good catching in the outfield (notably two skiers to Hearn) the innings finished after just 22 overs with Flecknell (2-7) and Barker (2-6) applying the final touches.
Another good win for the Bray that now makes it three in a row...
- Result: Eaton Bray CC - 1st XI Won Batting First by 135 runs
- Date: Sat 23rd Jul 2011
- Start Time: 13:30
- Ground: Milton Keynes Village Pavilion
- Type: League : Four Counties Cricket League - Division 1
- Scoring: Standard
- Toss: Milton Keynes CC - Saturday 1st XI won the toss and decided to bowl
- Highlights: W Hosking: 47, P Harris: 90, A Norris: 32, G Ellerton: 3/15, A Norris: 3/45 N Chavda: 6/36
Source: Eaton Bray Cricket Club
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.