Bower Lane Cemetery
Postcode for Cemetery: LU6 1RB
Bower Lane Cemetery was purchased by the Eaton Bray Burial Board from Mr William Henley in 1884.
The land known as Bower Lane Field was alloted to John Henley (Williams father) in respect of common rights in The Inclosure Act of 1865.
Measuring 1 acre 0 rod 1 perch it was sold for the sum of £270 5s 10d and the conveyance drawn up by Newton, Calcott an Calcott of Leighton Buzzard.
Accounts from Newton, Calcott & Calcott
We now have burial records for the unconsecrated side of the cemetery. This is where many of the graves are unmarked as originally only a small wooden cross would have stood. Over the years they have disappeared and not been replaced.
If you would like a look up please contact us and we will reply in a personal message.
We would like to thank Eaton Bray Parish Council. Special thanks should go to Parish Clerk Heidi Head and Councillor Joan Conner who toiled through and transcribed these records.