Cricket: Collapse leads to 2nds defeat
Posted on July 7, 2011
In a relegation dogfight with local rivals Totterhoe, a win for the 2nds was vital. Put into bat on a tricky wicket the Bray reached 139-3 in 34 overs with Kerins (33) and Warner (26), there then followed a classic 'union' collapse (i.e. one out - all out!) as the 2nds lost 7 wickets for 8 runs finishing on 147.
In reply only Jacobs (2-19) and Jarrett (2-16) held up the run chase as Totternhoe reached their target with 4 overs to spare. If they didnt know it already the second half of the season promises to be very tough as the Bray search for the wins that may secure 3rd division status for another season.
- Result: Totternhoe CC - 1st XI Won Batting Second by 5 wickets
- Date: Sat 2nd Jul 2011
- Start Time: 13:30
- Ground: The Recreation Ground
- Type: League : Four Counties Cricket League - Division 3
- Scoring: Standard
- Toss: Totternhoe CC - 1st XI won the toss and decided to bowl
- Highlights: Eaton Bray D Kerins 33 Totternhoe G Simpson 38 A Mead 33 N Burch 10-1-24-4 A Mead 9-2-16-3
Source: Eaton Bray Cricket Club
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.