Cricket: Dazed and confused
Posted on June 30, 2011
Skipper Norris was left dazed and confused and later to be found drowning his sorrows as on a damp track the firsts were skittled in dramatic fashion for 37 (yes 37!!). After Ellerton (2 for 7) and Barker (3 for 9) had run through the Olney batting line up, to dismiss them for 99, the Bray were confident of a win at tea. Keeping (5 for 9) and Smith (5 for 13) did all the damage after the break and seven ducks tells its own story!
Norris was heard to mumble something about 'bouncebackability' before stumbling off into the night (leaving Kerins with the taxi bill) and we'll try again this Saturday at home to Elstow...
- Result: Olney Town CC - Saturday 1st XI Won Batting First by 62 runs
- Date: Sat 25th Jun 2011
- Start Time: 13:30
- Ground: Olney Town Cricket Ground
- Type: League : Four Counties Cricket League - Division 1
- Scoring: Standard
- Toss: 1st XI won the toss and decided to bowl
- Highlights: Crazy game, toss lost on damp wicket and Olney bowled out for 99, 7th wicket stand of 60 between Bates (27) and Brown (31) getting Olney to 99. Ellerton (2-7) and Barker (3-9) doing damage. After tea Eaton Bray all out for 37 with only Hearn (12) reaching double figures. Keeping (5-9) and Smith (5-13) taking the wickets inside 20 overs!
Source: Eaton Bray Cricket Club
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.