Cricket: 2nds suffer heavy defeat
Posted on June 2, 2011
The Bray 2nd XI succumbed to a heavy defeat against high flying North Crawley on Saturday.
Fielding first Crawley racked up 280-3 with a club record 169 from batsman Mitford and 71 from Goss being the stand out innings. Joe Roff was the only bowler to retrun figures of credibility with 2-34 off 8 overs.
In reply, despite Ollie Wilson's defiant stand in attempting a draw, the only other players to hit double figures were skipper Kerins (19), former captain David Wheeler (10) as the home side took frequent wickets to leave Bray 69 all out.
-- Josh Peacock
- Result: North Crawley CC - 2nd XI Won Batting First by 211 runs
- Date: Sat 4th Jun 2011
- Start Time: 13:30
- Ground: The Recreation Ground - North Crawley
- Type: League : Four Counties Cricket League - Division 3
- Scoring: Standard
- Toss: 2nd XI won the toss and decided to bowl
- Highlights: North Crawley - Paul Mitford 169 (equals club record), Marcus Goss 71*, Richard Braybrook 3-5, George Gresty 3-4
Source: Eaton Bray Cricket Club
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.