St Mary's Village Carnival 2009
Posted on May 4, 2009
The theme of this year's Carnival on Saturday July 4th is Books which gives us all fantastic scope for dressing up and getting into the spirit of things. From 'Three Men in a Boat', through 'Ballet Shoes', 'Oliver Twist' and the 'Chronicles of Narnia', there's any number of themes to pick up on.
Why not join in the Carnival Procession - it's not just for the younger element! Some of the most successful floats in recent years have come from local businesses such as Janes or The Bell PH. Alternatively, why not get your neighbours involved and enter a float in the procession manned by people in your road? Lack of a vehicle is no barrier -a 'walking float' is the green alternative.
If you'd prefer to watch the Procession rather than be in it, don't forget our competition for the best dressed houses in Eaton Bray and Edlesborough, plus the best dressed business, with cups for the winners generously provided by Edlesborough Autos.
Can you help with Carnival in any other way? Our Carnival is an event for everyone in the village and everyone can contribute to its success. We're in need of:
- Offers of help for the day before and Carnival day itself - manning a stand, setting up the stalls, clearing up, you name it, we can use your help! Whether you can spare just half an hour or the whole day, we'll be very glad of your help.
- Donations of supplies - we need plants for the plant stall, bottles of wine, cakes for the cake stall, old crockery for the plate-smashing - can you help?
- Offers of transport to get equipment to and from Edlesborough Green or to take part in the Procession
- Donations of prizes for the Grand Draw
- Donations of items for the silent auction
We look forward to seeing you - in the procession or on the Green - on 4th July!
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.