Bolt of lightning blows up the telly
Posted on June 26, 2007
An Eaton Bray woman was sent reeling when lightning struck her home and blew up the television.
Firefighters were called to Waterside on Tuesday night at the height of a thunderstorm.
A bolt had hit the victim's satellite dish and bedroom TV but left the remaining household electricals in working order.
A spokesman for Leighton Fire and Rescue said: "The lady was downstairs when the lightning hit. We treated her for smoke inhalation but she was otherwise unhurt. Obviously she was very shaken up by the incident."
Source: Leighton Buzzard Observer, 26 June 2007
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.