Open Gardens - Sunday 10 June 2007
Posted on May 13, 2007
Following last year's wonderful day exploring the gardens of Eaton Bray, Edlesborough and Northall it is time to start preparing for this year's event. Once again various garden owners and allotment holders have been kind enough to agree to open their gardens for our delight, with more from Edlesborough than there were last year. The money raised will be shared between Chilterns Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre and St Mary's Roof Fund.
There will be tiny gardens, huge gardens, gardens for picnicking, gardens to admire, water features ranging from small ponds to lakes. Please get the date in your diary and purchase your Roving Programme tickets when they become available in early June.
At this stage the organisers are keen to receive offers of help from Focus readers.
- To help with refreshments in Edlesborough Memorial Hall - both making cakes and selling
- To help with organisation on the day, selling programmes, organising traffic, helping on stalls etc
- Donations of plants for a Plant Stall
- Donations of Raffle Prizes
- There is still time to add your garden to the list of those that will be open
If you would like to contribute to this very special day please contact Gordon Gray.
Source: Focus, May 2007
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.