Chimney fire blaze drama
Posted on January 29, 2007
999 crews race to tackle Eaton Bray alert.
Two fire engines rushed to a house in Eaton Bray after a chimney fire spread to a first floor bedroom, causing 50 per cent smoke damage and 20 per cent fire damage.
The alarm was raised at 5.30pm on Saturday, when the blaze was spotted at the detached house in The Rye.
At first only one fire engine from Dunstable Fire Station attended the call, but a second engine was called in for back-up when firefighters realised that the blaze was more serious than they had thought it would be.
They used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to extinguish the flames, spending an hour at the house and then returning later to make sure all was well.
Now a fire investigation is underway, but it is thought the fire started accidentally.
Source: Dunstable Today
Comment on This Article:
All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your comment to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.
If you would like your own avatar displayed, read about comment avatars.