News and Local Information about Eaton Bray in Bedfordshire.
Skip navigation

145 new dwellings

February 24, 2016 by Bernie in forum Eaton Bray Parish Council

#2397 Bernie, 24 February 2016, 15:11

Revised application for up to 145 dwellings off Totternhoe Rd and the Rye.
CB/10/00717/OUT
Application registered 18/02/16 but only went on CBC website today. No plans or documents showing as yet.

#2398 Eaton Bray Parish Council, 24 February 2016, 15:52

The Parish Council has contacted CBC Planning who confirmed that the basic information only went on their site today (24th February) and that the documents take up to 3 clear working days to appear on the website - so should be available by Monday 29th February.

#2400 Eaton Bray Parish Council, 25 February 2016, 13:32

#2401 Joe, 25 February 2016, 15:49

Has much changed in the propsal since CB/14/04055/OUT was rejected last year: CB/14/04055/OUT refusal notice? Would the same points #1-3 be likely to block it as last time?

#2402 Bernie, 25 February 2016, 17:11

Seems to be the same as last time even down to the A41 running through the village.I think it shows a lack of professionalism when such a mistake is not rectified.

#2403 StuartDM, 1 March 2016, 19:19

The only difference I could find was the covering letter offers..
"The applicants are prepared to make the necessary contributions towards the provision of community facilities required to serve the development as part of any planning permission for this scheme."
However this does not appear to have any qualification or quantification in the documents. So it would be a hollow promise.

#2404 Paul, 5 March 2016, 07:35

This is my first review of the application. I can't think of a less safe location to increase traffic movements. The rye/Tottenhoe road junction is a daily accident waiting to happen.
Having now read the transport plan section this just strikes me as subjective nonsense - houses bring cars, full stop.
We moved to Eaton Bray from Cranfield 10 years ago after experiencing the impact of invasive development on pockets of land in the village. Once started development builds momentum and hundreds of houses have now been built there with no traffic improvement measures or community facilities.
Eaton Bray has many spaces like the one proposed for development here and this could just start a process that changes the village for ever

#2407 Eaton Bray Parish Council, 8 March 2016, 11:17

For reference purposes, please find details below relating to the previous planning application in 2015 for development of land off Totternhoe Road in Eaton Bray.

To view Eaton Bray Parish Council's previous response to the outline planning application in 2015 for development of land off Totternhoe Road/The Rye, please click on the link below.
ebpc.co.uk/letters/150109.

To view Central Bedfordshire Council's decision on the previous application in 2015, please click on the link below:
centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/portal/showimage.asp?j=CB/14/04055&index=591068

#2409 Eaton Bray Parish Council, 11 March 2016, 16:08

For reference purposes, to view Eaton Bray Parish Council's response to the outline planning application for development of land off Totternhoe Road/The Rye - CB/16/00717/OUT.

Please click on ebpc.co.uk/letters/160308

Reply to topic

All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your topic to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.

Your Name:
Your Email Address:

Your Email Address will not be made public.
Topic Content:
On submission of your reply, a cookie may be stored on your local device as described in our Privacy Policy.

Return to topic list | Return to forum list

Please note that the views or comments expressed on this website (forum) are not necessarily those of the Parish Council. The Webmaster reserves the right to remove any defamatory, derogatory or libellous statement or words from the site.