Archived News - Mindings
Mindings Pilot - Volunteers Wanted
This is an invitation to take part in an exciting study to see if a new technology called 'Mindings' can help older people to have a better quality of life. Mindings aims to:
- Keep friends and family connected
- Reduce loneliness
- Help people find new ways to get involved in social groups
- Have a positive effect on wider health and well-being
What is Mindings?
Mindings is a service that lets people send personal, captioned photos, text messages, calendar reminders, Facebook content and much more to a digital photo frame. Mindings connects friends, families and new social networks by enabling effortless, regular, personal, and meaningful contact. It has been described as 'facebook for the technology shy'.
The Minding Pilot
The Council needs volunteers who are willing to use Mindings for two months and tell us about their experience.
We will install the devise and show you and your family how to use it. Mindings requires an internet connection so this will be provided for the duration of the study if you don't already have one.
We will contact you at the beginning, 4 weeks in and at the end of the study to talk to you about your experiences and find out what you think of Mindings.
At the end of the study you will have to return the Mindings equipment but it is available for purchase if people wish to continue using it.
Who can get involved?
To volunteer for the trial you need to:
- Be at least 70 years of age.
- Be able to understand and sign a simple consent form.
- Have lived in your current home for more than 6 months.
- Have family or friends who you see less than once a fortnight.
- Have friends and family who can send you regular updates, photos, messages and reminders depending on how you want to use Mindings.
- Be willing to share your experiences of Mindings with our Research Team.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Mindings Pilot, please download this form and return it by 15th August 2013: